1 lb dried beef
1 1/2 gal whole milk
16 oz flour
oz Worcestershire sauce
1/2 oz salt
1/2 oz pepper
1/3 lb margarine
1/3 oz cayenne
1. Heat milk in a large stock pot until it is warm.
Heat margarine in a microwave safe container until it is melted.
3. Add the heated margarine to the warm milk and
continue to keep on a medium flame
4. Add the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce
frequently and vigorously being sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to keep the milk from burning
6. Slowly add
the flour while stirring.
7. Once the flour is completely mixed and dissolved, add the dried chipped beef.
Continue to heat on a low flame while stirring.
9. The chipped beef is done once it has thickened and the margarine
no longer separates from the milk.