Monday March 6, 2017 - Corned Beef & Cabbage - You're Gonna
Love It!! - A St. Patrick's Day Tradition
Raw Corned Beef Brisket
Small Red Potatoes
Head of Cabbage
Salt & Pepper
1. Cook the Corned Beef by simmering in water and add any seasoning packet that may have been
included in the package. Allow approximately 50 minutes per pound.
2. Set aside the cooked corned beef for later.
You can also cook a day prior and refrigerate.
3. In a large stock pot boil the cabbage for approximately
1 1/2 hours or until tender. Before putting the cabbage in water, cut it into single serving sections (smaller heads
can be quartered...larger heads can be cut even more).
4. During the last 25 minutes, add the potatoes, carrots,
celery, salt and pepper.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, slice down the corned beef.
6. Once the
cabbage, potatoes, celery, and carrots are all cooked, ladel a large piece of the cabbage and other vegetables into a serving
bowl. Add as much of the juice as desired that the vegetable were cooked in.
7. To serve, quickly pan
fry the sliced corned beef with some butter and slide it on top of the cabbage and vegetable.
8. Serve with a side
of spicy brown mustard.